Friday, August 24, 2007

why blog


Why not? All the kids are doing it these days, right? Perhaps I should blog (is it a verb?)to say thank you to a sweet friend who always knows what to say. I am grateful for my friends. They keep me grounded. Beth and I are off to frolic and shamelessly quote B movies, campy TV shows and horrible 80's tunes. "c'mon now sugar...Bring it on. Bring it on. yeah"

Well, we frolicked and had a fabulous time. So much stress is relieved by the Swedish efficiency that is IKEA. We have a standing rule that you are not allowed to pick up or buy anything without first saying it's name out loud. (I purchased a flarken mitten?--which will be my new curse word of choice from now on). Great day. Great fun. As we entered the moving sidewalk area she asked "do you know how to get down?" Instantly she regretted asking. :)

I had an incredible sense of power with my newfound blog. To the woman with way more than 10 items in the 10 or less lane---yep, I blogged ya. Creepy looking serial killer guy watching us eat our salads--saw ya. Horribly bad driver-while-reading---gotcha. Kept my soul full of peace knowing I could just fill my blog instead.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Woohoo! I've been blogged--I feel so liberated! I'm so happy I could do something to brighten the day of the woman who introduced me to the glories of Snitta and Leksvik, without which my life would be considerably less entertaining (or at least less Swedish). Get down with your bad self!