Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent

since I am religionless, I kind of pick and choose the good things from different faith. Hey, at least I am honest. I love the lesson behind Lent. Many years I gave up a vice and I have never succeeded with chocolate. For the past few years I decided to be proactive and do something good, add something to my life that is difficult but worthy. I am going to follow this sage advice:



The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity. —Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790); philosopher, printer, writer,inventor, scientist


Forgiveness-done. I don't really have any enemies (that I know of). Tolerance-done. For some of my girlfriends I gave the following:

to my girlfriends. a heartfelt valentine to you. Happy Valentines day. just wanted to send out some love. Here's what i love about you (among other things)

Christa- you can make me cry with your sentimentality. we should have coffee and clove candy. forever.

Jenny-I can see you after years and we pick up like it has been an hour.

Whitney- you are the "I can do it" girl. Without hesitation you try and succeed. your girls have a wonderful mother

Joanna- we can laugh, huh? You made me do it and you celebrated my victory! I'll ride in teacups anyday

Karina- instant friendship is what we found when we got to know one another. every day is fun. you make the world more lovely.

Carolyn- if you write it on a list, it gets done. You amaze me! I could go on and on

Beth- you make me laugh. you are more than that, but the best is that you make me laugh.

Amy- you are so dear to me. I love your gifts, so thoughtful and creative. I loved how you weren't wearing underwear the day we had to try on dresses.

Heidi- snort, giggle. you are so fun

Ann- you always have a story that astounds me and you are so fun to run with
Sarah- you beat cancer! and I have so much fun with you

Karen- I will never be able to express all the lessons I have learned from you. You taught me how to mother and gave me confidence for this role. I am forever grateful.

Laura- you love to run and I am envious of that. you are getting to truly know yourself and it is great to be along for the ride

Crystal- oh how you get me and can make me laugh. I am envious of your origami skills.
Jenpop- so creative, such a quick wit, wonderful chef

Kerry- terrific mother, confidant. you always say it like it is and I love that

Mary Margaret- funny, beautiful, smells a little like pumpkin pie

Karen- who knew one of my closest friends would be a neighbor. how lucky are we?

Charlotte- you have always been there for me and everyone knows your amazing role.

Shannon- your mothering skills could win an award. you are so beautiful in the role of mother.

Laurie- you give the soundest advice with love and grace. I adore you

Sarah- you are a lovely and adorable mother and friend. I am envious of your gentleness.

Amy- I loved you the moment I met you with brownies and a mix tape in hand. I cry when I look at your beautiful family. happiness.

Vanessa- so gorgeous and so much fun to work alongside. with just an eye movement I get what you are saying and you, me

Rebecca- beautiful, fun, always there for a chat and cup of coffeee (seriously you always have coffee made), amazing mother and loving advocate

Meredith- I miss you. my earthy, jewelry making, dog transporting friend

Ann- you are a terrific leader and confidant. you are someone to be admired

Stacey- you are fun and artistic and a ball of fire!
Sue- you are a wisher and a dreamer and a doer. You get this great look on your face when you really love something whether it is the call of an alligator or the song of your child.

Lisa- you are an artist and an advocate. I love how you can say what you feel.

Staci- new friend I instantly adored. you have such a sense of style and you are such a fun mom

Laura- my oldest friend. I remember like yesterday when we buried our dishes when I had to move. you dug them up! :) even though you got the girl rabbit I will love you always love to all of you! Just thought I would say it out loud angela♥



No comments: