Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ellet High School


A friend from high school created a site where our class can connect, show photos and chat. It has been really neat to check it every once in a while and see who has joined. I love perusing the photos of everyone's children and seeing how the years have been to my former schoolmates, many who were in school with me from grade school through high school. It is great to see my best friends on it but I talk with them anyway. It is great to see those who moved away. It is a gift to have Stacy back in my life, accessible at any moment. It is wonderful to see the ones labelled as nerds in high school with the tables turned. It is touching to see photos of our classmates who have passed away. It is fabulous to see those in the closet in high school comfortable to be out and proud with all of us. What is not great is how it is starting to feel like high school all over again. Selecting friends on the site means not selecting friends. Dishing about the past means reliving things that were painful and sad. Many of the people on the site are mere strangers to me because I left my hometown after high school. Even though I grew up with these people and spent more time with them than my family (think about how long a school day is. this is a frightening revelation as a parent), I don't remember them.
*lovin that 80's hair, huh?

No comments: