Monday, July 14, 2008

good quote

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love this quote! So simple and so powerful at the same time. I suffer from an affliction of past blunders recall. I worry about stupid things I have said and done and never quite get over it. I should have done this... I could have done this... I find quotations powerful in moments like this. There are post its all over my desk, calendar, mirror... Doesn't really matter who said it sometimes either. As I look around, there are biblical quotes, presidential quotes and the words of many authors and poets. Sometimes though, all you need is good ol Bob Marley to put it all in perspective.

I'm off to be with my sons who are growing up so quickly before my eyes. Gotta make some eggs for sweet William. "oh and make them smashed by the way" he says. (thinks that means scrambled?)



No comments: