Monday, August 25, 2008

deep greens and blues are the colors I choose..




I was singning along to James Taylor yesterday when random thoughts came into my peaceful mind. First, how lovely those lyrics are-- "deep greens and blues are the colors I choose. Won't you let go down in my dreams..." J T always makes me feel like fall inside. Mountains, cool air, falling leaves. His songs remind me of college, falling in love, hiking, hanging out with my dad as a child and dancing with my children. He always puts a smile on my face.


I also thought of the little boy for whom I was a nanny when I was in grad school. This dear sweet boy is now 6 feet tall but back when we spent our days focusing on fun, he was just an adorable munchkin. We would sing and dance together every day and he had great taste in music. He knew all the words to the aforementioned song and we both would giggle when he sang along to "thinking about women and glasses of beer." He was the ring bearer in our wedding and will always have a special place in my heart. My first little boy. Here's a photo of him fixing my dress for a wedding photo. He was always by my side in those days.

1 comment:

Lena Hart said...

What a gorgeous picture! And that is my favorite song EVER. I used to listen to it on repeat when I missed home (even if James is singing about the WRONG Carolina!).