Monday, October 22, 2007

for beth

Art for bibliophiles and those like me obsessed with paper.Check out this artist's website http://www.sublackwell.co.uk/ Beth could probably do this just as she created the amazing paper star from last year's gift swap. memories...... Inspired by a book (now a doodled-on masterpiece handed down though friends) we each brought silly gifts to exchange. I left with world's tiniest diamond earrings. Cameron took home my freudian slip (negligee with Sigmund's face) and Heidi got the added bonus can of spotted dick (who knew it was dessert?). My best guess has that can in someone's possesion only temporarily before it is gag-gifted again. What will we come up with this year?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yay! A post all for me! How I looooove these sculptures! Winning the lottery would be wasted on me, because I would blow all the money on stuff like this. I thought this book (http://www.foleygallery.com/exhibitions/exhibitions_past_ins.php3?exhib=7) was nifty, but yours is way better.

I've actually been trying to find directions for an origami-ish skeleton for Halloween, so this is eerily timely. Paper art for all occasions!