Friday, May 16, 2008

scrapbooks


I just caught my sweet 6 year old looking through his scrapbook. I caught him smiling and touching the pages. Oh my heart. They are meaningful to him. He already says. "I'm like you mommy. I like to work with paper. I like to make pockets."


I keep individual books for each child and I used to (before PTA) keep them up to date. I'm not a frilly scrapbooker, more simple and meaningful things to remember. I love, love working with paper so this is the perfect gift to give my children--something I can pour emotion into using my closest to artistic talent. I really miss not having a baby book for myself. I love looking through my husband's, comparing his stats with our children's. I am glad to know these books already are bringing joy to my boys. Seriously though, they will need a U-Haul to cart them away as I am a bit of a memory pack rat.

No comments: