Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mayor's Marathon










We did it! This past week our Team in Training Team ran for Kate and many other honored heroes. 980 people raise 4.4 MILLION dollars! wow. The race was amazing. It rained at the beginning and was cool throughout. For the first time ever, I think I had that runner's high that everyone always talks about. It could have been that I was running with Kate's amazing spirit in my heart or that I was running alongside my dear friend and incredible advocate, Carolyn. It could have been the forests we ran through that were lush and vibrant, filled with huge ferns and wildlife. It could have been the fun I was having with Laura talking about bacon and kickball. It could have been the feeling in my heart cheering on our friend Sarah, a recent survivor who was running with her husband Tommy, a soldier who fought for our freedom and came home to take care of the love of his life. It could have been the thoughts of Kenny, our friend who was running in memory of his sweet little boy Collin.


Thank you to everyone who was with me in spirit. Thank you for your encouragement, love and hope. Thank you for giving for such an important cause. I wholeheartedly believe in the mission of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society and I will continue my support.


1 comment:

Lena Hart said...

It was an honor to run with you. Any time, any where.