Wednesday, November 7, 2007

thankful


oh the things I am thankful for.....my sweet boys, my great Marc, my dad, my family, trees, books, love, dark chocolate, music, girlfriends, mashed potatoes, the smell of new grass, the smell of sage in Utah, bacon (yeah, that's right), falling leaves, ohio, humor, cloves, wine, the canyons of utah, photographs, memories....


My boys and I love to talk about Thankfulness during november. It's out big tradition. We try to do nice things for people beginning with halloween (yeah, I know it's in October) when we boo! a few friends. This year we took things to a new level and we created a thankful calendar for our school to do good things all month. I am so excited about it and the boys are all in as well. The first thing we did was collect books for the AFLAC Cancer Center. My friend Kate, who I am running the Disney half marathon for, gets to take them to all the kids. wow. Next is letters to soldiers and veterans, food bags for CHOA families, then canned food, then thank you's to teachers and staff, then video games for the Dialysis center, then clothing and household items for Burmese refugees..... The boys are so into it. They have been making jewelry for teachers and every so often I find something hand made for me.

This weekend when we were hiking they saw lots of yucky trash in the river and proceeded to fish it out. We went straight from there to cleaning up the road their cub scout pack had adopted. THEN at soccer practice, Ben took bags to clean up the park and fields. "Someone's got to take care of this environment!" he said. sweet boy I am thankful for you.

No comments: