Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Trot




Tradition is HUGE in our little family. Seems if we do something one year we HAVE to do it the next because of my super sweet sentimental Ben. This year we added a new family tradition that I think we should hold on to. We all ran the Charlotte Turkey Trot on thanksgiving morning. It made happy hour Wednesday night a little less exciting...no late night Cranium game but it made for a super thanksgiving day.
The boys wanted to run for Kate---their version of the Disney marathon. And run they did! They ran like the wind with so much passion and strength. When I saw them coming toward the finish line, I was in tears and swelling with pride. Marc, Louie and I had a great time running the 8k. It was a bit warm and muggy for my taste but all in all a good time.
I ran wearing my Team in training shirt and an invisible Kate on my shoulder cheering me on. I can't begin to tell you how motivating that was. But it doesn't stop there. Complete strangers yelled from the sidewalks "GO Team." Runners that either passed me or i passed yelled "Go Team." A man hugged me as I was cooling down afterwards and told me how proud he was of me and what a great thing Team in training is. wow. thankful, thankful truly grateful I am.
Afterwards we were hugged by my aunt and uncle and my mother in law who cheered us on from start to finish. Family arrived, food was made, good times were shared. Thanksgiving.

No comments: