Wednesday, December 19, 2007

all lit up


wow! Having a tough week running because of an injury (remember to stretch!) but my spirit for running is HUGE! My account recently received a donation from the Getzel Kenner memorial in honor of my uncle's father who lost a battle to prostate cancer but also suffered from a blood disorder. His foundation, inspired by Kate's story, decided to honor his life while honoring Kate. I will run strong in his honor.


Then...Chik-fil-A (Druid Hills/Briarcliff) donated $490 from the proceeds of Kate H. Day. Carolyn, Whitney and I each received this amount. wow, $1470! Carolyn also received a bundle of cash. Thank you Greg Mapoles and Angela McDaniel for organizing such a meaningful day that brought together the community and will support Leukemia/Lymphoma research for a cure. I am continually amazed by the thoughtful generocity of my community and friends.


There's more...My children love to be backseat drivers at this time of the year. "turn left. look at those lights.... go that way where those trees are lit up in the woods." They mentioned how we set out luminaries on Christmas eve each year and asked if we could sell them for Kate, to cure her Leukemia. I wish there was a word I could come up with that could express my emotions of love, pride and hope at that moment. "could we?" they asked. So, we bought all the bags and candles and what not and will be out in the neighborhood with their luminary service ($2 for the bag, weight and candle and $5 for the luminaries being set up for you on Christmas eve) with all proceeds going to the Leukemia/Lymphoma society. Drive by. Our lights will be the brightest, as they are lit with hope and love.

1 comment:

Carolyn Hansen said...

So sweet. You have some wonderful children but it is easy to see where they learned it from...