Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Will's zoo pics








I gave Will our old camera to take photos at the zoo on Sunday. It was amazing what was there. More than the fact that the photos were good, they were meaningful. They were a visual example of what moved him during the day. He only took about 12 photos, so it was obvious that he loved the mother/child interaction. The meerkat pictures were all of them cuddling and we watched them for a while. They only cuddled near the end of our visit. The goriila photos were all shots of the mother and child nursing. The photo of the elephant skull was taken just after we talked about the teeth and what we could learn from them (mommy science stuff). I take that to mean that he liked our lesson and wanted to capture it. Could be that it just looked cool, but I am sticking with my first instinct. It's so difficult to watch your little ones turn into young men. All that sweet innocence fades so quickly without a chance to get it back. Even though he wipes my kisses away in public now, his photos showed me that he knows how strong our bond is and he relishes it-- a very happy discovery at a time when my motherhood role is changing. It's difficult to not be needed so much and physically painful to see your babies grow up in the blink of an eye. Everyone tells you it goes by fast, we just don't believe it until it happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn Hansen said...

Awwww, you are making me tear up!